Monday, May 5, 2014

Coconut walnut tomato chutney ~ chutney recipe

Coconut walnut tomato chutney ~ chutney recipe
------------------------------------------------------------

Hello folks,

If you are always looking for easy chutney recipes like me, here is one. We all know nuts in general should be a staple part of healthy diet. I love to snack on nuts, however my husband and kids don't. I tried plain, roasted them with different oils, salt , chilly flakes etc. to make them appetizing. Nothing worked, so I had to resort to tricking them. Here is what I tried and it worked for me. I stock up on 2 to 3 types of nuts at a time. This month is walnut, almond and peanuts(WAP month). All three of them are amazing in chutneys. Each have their own flavor and nuttiness. I found that adding garlic to nut enhances their flavor. Every time I make chutney, I add one of the types of nuts, alternating them and viola nuts are a staple part of our diet.  

Here is to all the nut people like me - http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/heart-disease/in-depth/nuts/art-20046635

Coconut - 1/2 cup grated
walnuts  - 1/2 cup
tomato - 1 medium size
garlic pod - 1
lemon juice - 2 teaspoon
red chilly dried - 2-3 numbers
curry leaves - few
mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
salt to taste

Servings  - 2-3 people

Method
----------
1. Take all the ingredients except mustard seeds and curry leaves. Blend into a smooth paste with water to what ever consistency you want.
2. Crackle mustard seeds in oil, add curry leaves and switch off flame.
3. Garnish chutney with mustard seeds. Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!! Idli here I come....

May you be a nut person!!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment